Need to upskill a few team members but don’t have enough people to justify an in-house solution?
New to management yourself and want to build your skills and grow your confidence?
We can help. We have made our world-class leadership training programme accessible to individuals with everything you need to get set up for success, minus the price-tag.
With the experience and knowledge we have from facilitating successful organisational leadership courses for companies including Dr. Martens, McDonald’s, TUI, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners and Five Guys, we are now offering an open Manager Essentials programme, running virtually from February until June 2024.
So, if you’re looking to support the development of soft skill and leadership behaviours in one of your employees transitioning to a management role for the first time, or indeed for yourself, or to upskill your existing managers, then this is the programme for you!
You’ll get to know your cohort colleagues from the first kick-off call, as well as your friendly programme facilitator who’ll be with you every step of the way, providing support and guidance.
You’ll find a safe learning environment where we encourage you to question and challenge, and where you can grow together with your cohort. And, with only a small group of roughly 12 people you’ll have the safe space to build your confidence and skills at your own pace, with the time to apply them back in role, making a real difference to your career and future potential.
This 5-month programme, designed for maximum impact includes:
- 1 x 60-minute cohort kick-off call
- 6 x 2-hour virtual sessions (via Zoom)
- Post-course workbooks for each module
- 2 x 30-minute individual coaching calls (during and after the programme)
29th February 2024 | 09:30-11:30 GMT
This session looks at leadership fundamentals and how to achieve tasks, whilst getting the most out of both your team and the individual. It explores the idea of adapting your style to suit each team member.
- Understand the transition to a managerial role
- Recognise what makes a great manager
- Understand the key duties and responsibilities of a manager
- Understand the difference between management and leadership,
- Recognise that team members are individuals and need to be managed uniquely
- Learn how to apply Hershey & Blanchard’s Situational Leadership model
21st March 2024 | 09:30-11:30 GMT
This session looks at how to communicate effectively from the point of view of both the sender and receiver. It covers body language, building rapport, levels of listening, questioning techniques, and other practical tips.
- Recognise the different elements of the communication cycle and how to use them effectively
- Understand the impact of different elements of communication, as per Dr. Mehrabian experiments
- Learn how to communicate effectively when working remotely
- Recognise when and how to adapt communication styles based on others’ preferences
- Understand Stephen Covey’s Five Levels of Listening and how to use active and empathic listening
- Learn about different question types and how and when to use them
Delegation & Feedback:
18th April 2024 | 09:30-11:30 GMT
This session looks at the skills and techniques needed to delegate effectively. It’s not just about getting the job done, but giving your team more confidence, making them feel important and letting them show what they are capable of.
- Understand the difference between delegation and allocation
- Recognise and challenge the blockers to delegation
- Learn how to delegate effectively using the Plan-Deliver-Review model
- Recognise the need for balanced feedback
- Learn how to give constructive feedback effectively
- Practice delivering feedback using the AID model
Accountability & Motivation:
9th May 2024 | 09:30-11:30 GMT
While dangling carrots may have worked in the twentieth century, that’s precisely the wrong way to motivate people for today’s challenges. This course takes a deep look into modern day motivation and offers smart techniques to get the most out of your people.
- Understand the difference between responsibility and accountability
- Learn how to create an accountable culture
- Understand the needs of employees, based on Maslow’s theory
- Recognise the different factors that motivate people, both intrinsic and extrinsic
- Learn motivational techniques under the headings of autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Learn how to combine delegation and motivation in a way that optimises performance
Conflict & Difficult Conversations:
30th May 2024 | 09:30-11:30 GMT
This session will dive deeper into the definition of conflict and challenge the assumption that is a negative concept. It will provide techniques to assist with the preparation and delivery of challenging conversations.
- Recognise the role emotional intelligence plays in conflict
- Recognise the different types of conflict and that it is not always a negative thing
- Understand the different conflict handling modes as per the Thomas-Kilmann model
- Recognise own preferred conflict handling modes and learn how to adapt based on situations
- Learn how to structure a candid conversation using the 4 Ps model
- Learn how to use assertive disagreement and how to say no, to get the desired outcome
Time Management & Productivity:
20th June 2024 | 09:30-11:30 GMT
In a time-poor world, this workshop will explore how to get the most out of your time at work, exploring techniques and tips on how to increase effectiveness and productivity across the team.
- Learn how to use the Eisenhower Matrix to manage time and increase productivity
- Understand how to best prioritise and organise workload on a regular basis
- Learn tips to manage distractions and time-stealers
- Recognise when procrastination occurs and how to challenge it
- Learn about tools and techniques that increase efficiency
- Learn how to hold an effective meeting
Ready to make a difference?
If you’d like to reserve a space on this award-winning programme, for yourself or an employee, for just £999 (plus VAT) all in, please email email@example.com and she will get you booked on.
Spaces are limited to keep the learning environment personal and maximise effectiveness for our delegates, so don’t delay!
Dates not work for you? No problem. Drop us a line and we’ll keep you informed of the next available programme.
We look forward to welcoming the first cohort on the kick off call on 15th February 2024 (09:30-10:30 GMT) to start their journey!